Monday 9 February 2009

Twittering on

I don't know what it is, I don't know how it works, but all i know is that everyone is talking about Twitter. Do you just follow people round via noticeboards? Do you send messages of support and then that's it? If someone knows then write it on a postcard, wipe your arse with it and send it to the Queen. This boy aint giving no shizzle!
I had a delightful journey home this evening. I ran my socks off up Syston high street to get the train and I felt tired but good afterwards...specially as the train was just pulling in. I was like in an American movie and it all went my way. Then I got to Nottingham station and all the new signs were pointing the wrong way. If I get another bloody Japanese tourist asking me where the trams are!!! I told a steward and he seemed disinterested, as I guessed.

Tea was grand - a pork dinner with sweet red cabbage and
home made stuffing balls.

I has got this crackin poem i'll plaster on this ere wall for your reading pleasures tomorrow night.
Been reading about the Pope and how he's sort of cocked up this excommunication thingy. Here's what's happened for yous that don't know: This English Bishop (Williamson) is part of this conservative French Catholic group that believe women shouldn't be allowed to go to Uni and all that weird stuff (another Bishop from this group said that Hurricane Katrina was an attack against the most sinful state in the US and it was God angry at them, so he washed away abortion clinics, nightclubs and gay bars) well he said that no Jews were killed in the Holocaust. The Pope has lifted the ban of excommunication on him without knowing he was a Holocaust denier.

Big Big Big implications for Catholic Jewish dialogue...it's like Regensberg all over again but, cause it's not Muslims this time, it won't get featured in the news so much.

I'll keep that religion lark out of this ere blog from now on.

A footnote of clarification: for an excellent set of articles on this current issue, please get a copy of this week's Tablet Magazine with an excellent article from Ed Kessler

No comments:

Post a Comment