Thursday 19 February 2009

Here Comes the Sun

..
The houses were only just waking up as we rudely interrupted their sleep. This old train may start at a snail's pace, but when it gets going, that engine really roars. The British Rail Class 43 (cheers Brian...the nicotine train manager) These trains are flat, green, spacious and great for relaxing, but when they power through at 100mph all H E Bates Romanticism goes out of the window.
For the last few mornings the sun has been an electrifying orange. I can feel it - spring is coming!
Last night as I lay in my bed I felt totally at ease. I slipped into a sleep that soothed and, just as I began dreaming, the light came on, "GET UP, TIME FOR WORK!"I hate that initial moment. But, as I write this, still with a sleepy head, and joints that haven't been fully stretched, I realise that if I would have remained in that cocoon of dreams and rest then I would have missed the Sun being born that morning, as it hides behind the thick morning cumulus clouds and mottled blue (W C Williams cheers) sky, to become fixed up there, as if it had never disappeared the afternoon prior.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of which, thought we had a deal? I don't see the link to the above song that I was PROMISED. Deal or No Deal.

    ReplyDelete