Monday 9 February 2009

Ice is nice...not


Woke up this morning (Dis ain't no song from A3 though!)

I slipped about this morning. From leaving the car, to tip-toe-ing over the crunchy morning offerring, to hauling my overlarded body up the steps, dancing from one train to the other, jumping off, skidding down the ramp, up the solid black roads, on to the bus, off the bus and down the alley, across the bridge, up past the posh houses then up the path across the field which is where I gone done and worked.

I hate walking on ice. For one, I am a very unstable person. Secondly I seem to slip over easily. Thirdly I have no confidence when the ground is uneven or untrustworthy beneath me. Shoes need to be solid, stable, like the foundations of a house, or a good economic policy. Rollarskates are awful to me...broken wrist at Derby Rollerworld to the tune of Happy Days. I still reel in pain and discomfort when I hear that tune...plus...a man in a leather jacket taking other men into his toilet that also happens to be his office? Fonz...Winklett (yes I know his name is Winkler but I though i would call him that cause it scans well)...yous got some explainin to do boi!!!

I I I I I always start with I...eye must be egocentric or summot like dat. Aye used to like signing my name and initialling things. It proved too much in the end though - I ended up owing a lot of money to people through the Fun Bank cheques I continually did wrote out like.

At work now, it's cold and quiet...like the heart, not mine though. Mine is warm, like Spring (Love Unlimited 1973 cheers!) and I feel sort of melancholic. Pathetic fallacy I expect. Never really known how to use that term other than randomly in a sentence with no subject.

This has been a good'un methinks. Hoping to address you goodly citizens soon with some Bard like poetry, barred from poetry houses and coffee shops this world over.

Also, wells dones duns, to me old Mate, Mater some might say, Tommy Holgate. He's running, cycling, dancing, prancing, chancing romancing...oohh come on and hold me tight (oops) for Great Ormond Street so go and sponsor him http://www.justgiving.com/tommyholgate He's a grand chap, nice lad, great hat, sound socks, rainbow coloured box-o-tricks.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment