Friday 27 February 2009

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14.3

You know, this is probably the hardest blog to write. When you carry on with your own life, hating it, moaning about it, wishing you were someone, somewhere else, then someone else is losing theirs, then loses it. How we all get too selfish about stuff, when really we should all become a little more grateful for what we have; to see our friends and family enjoy their life, and for us to enjoy it too - that's what's important. Not whether you've lost your car parking space or misplaced your keys, or hate your job.

Prayer is good, i've found, for bringing us back to reality. I don't pray for God to change things automatically. If people do that then they will lose faith because what they pray for (world peace, someone to be saved from death, an extension on their coursework) will probably never happen, then they'll lose faith. Instead, pray for strength, pray for the holy spirit to work within those people, to nourish them, to energise them, to make them not feel lonely.

Sorry this is getting a bit religious now and again, but these are my passions; music, nature, religion, poetry...I shouldn't apologise. I don't want people to stop reading this JUST because it's religious. It's sad that I should think that but some people ARE like that.

I'm also feeling a little sick right now. Just a mixture of nice food, emotions, tiredness and over-thinking. Plus, everyone is out and i'm staying in to save up for next week and the week after! I suppose it should do me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment