Thursday 23 April 2009

"It's been too long..."

he said as one man embraced the other. Old friends.
The days begin earlier according to our watches, mist clings to the fields like old cladding around antique pipes - dead grandma's blankets with no other home.
The pastelled Sun in the sky glances over everything, even our slow moving train.
There's been lots to report since my last jottings, and there are loads of changes and things I have learnt, namely:
  • their Ofsted inspection hasn't gone public yet
  • Cats react to sudden change
  • Co-codamol and beer do not mix
  • Children with asperges eat particularly

As Bangladesh looms ever closer I can't help think that the colour and glamour of Bollywood is certainly overshadowed by the 'slum' aspect of Slumdog Millionaire. Of course I am not going to Mumbai, but it's the only thing I can compare it to. That film was excellent and it made my cry and laugh. Suppose they'll be more of the former on my travels.

I've got, fuck, loads to do for next week, including two days in London in the week for meetings that I am actually looking forward to.

Got Cat Steven's Just Another Night in my head, that'll be the first track on YouTube as I come in, followed by 'Where True Love Goes' and they'll be loads of comments saying

bst sng eva! by LordRasta
wow - brings me to tears every time! by Purple1
fuck shit, die Islam by Mistter Christian

but I just ignore those and go for my own comment, in my head, and no, you can't have it!

Love is a funny thing isn't it?

Well maybe not that funny when it's unrequited, and you're sobbing into a beer because she can't say yes, cause she's already spoken for, and anyway it wouldn't work cause we're too far away and so much has changed and we're good friends, and if you have anymore cliches then please send them to:

Romance Cliches
Lonely Steet
Hurtsville
U S Aye?

God i've missed this!

No comments:

Post a Comment