Wednesday 27 January 2010

I've been thinking about love today, especially as I am reading Maggie Cassidy by Kerouac. One of his continuous prose novels that captures, not just the strength of the human spirit, and true raw passion for life, but also love. It's so tough isn't it. The Greeks had 4 words for it, other traditions have more. Philos, Agape, Sturge and Eros. Not that I know much about the last one.


When do friendships take on the next level? Some like to keep friendships solely that. I think it depends on the friend. Relationships are friendships. If it's all about the sex then it's nothing but an output for sexual desires. A kiss is not just a kiss, really, is it? It's sincere, it's meaningful (when not drunk anyway) and it's close. And that's it.


On the radio this morning they were asking people 'Can you be happy if you're poor?' Well my answer is yes of course. People, although poor, can be happy, and that has a lot to do with love.



p.s you're my magic number...

No comments:

Post a Comment