Monday 4 January 2010

Back to work

Good morning old friend!

Typing this out on the old familiar clunky dell keyboard at work, and everything seems to have been the same since two weeks ago when I left this little office on the hill for Christmastime.

As I drove down the A606 this morning I thought to myself I'm so lucky to be witnessing this. And what I was seeing was a beautiful orange and blue sky unfolding before me. The long streaks of seemingly black cloud and above it majestic colours. It was getting warmer in my car and I was waking up. The journey home goes well, I detest the drive back strangely enough!
And so the mundaneity of work continues, and with it all the tedious jobs I promised myself I'd never do when I was studying hard and partying even harder at University. Accounts, book-keeping, vat, gift aid, filing, writing endless letters to old ladies who had had a coffee morning. I know it's all sweet and cute and kind but day after day one becomes detached from all the niceness.
Happy New Year! he shouts as he shakes off the last dregs of alcohol from Christmas, and is ready for work. Time for a cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment