Monday 11 January 2010

I logged on to Outlook this morning. For the first time ever I felt my body drop, as if to say oh no not this again. My friends get on at me; "you've got an easy job", "the pay's good, what are you moaning about?" If the pay was the be all and end all then I would have been working as a banker earning big bonuses. Not my style, never will be.

I'm tired of all this. Finally getting somewhere though on other career paths. More of these when they materialise. I'm published! Had two prayers of mine published in a book on environmental justice. I am starting to lose faith in that too, losing faith in how the environment is linked to faith.

I thought to myself during Mass yesterday, whilst looking at the priest, you've made me hate coming to Church. And he has. This priest that opens his shit filled mouth and all that comes out is boring cardboard munching drivel. Yesterday though, he did two things that made me sit up:
1. He linked his homily to real life and 2. He actually interacted with the children from the liturgy group. I think this is hugely affirming for the young people in the parish. Hope we can go somewhere with this.

My life is low right now, and it's the right time for depression. But it'll go up again and when it does you'll know!

No comments:

Post a Comment