Monday 13 July 2009

The Train Frustration Blues

a wee ditty I composed a while back when annoyed at a train conductor:

I was feelin tired and kinda red
Yesterday's Sun had burnt my head,
I just pulled myself out of bed,
to get the Mornin train
it's Monday again!
Oh dear.

Running up those high steep steps
The last few I strided and lept
onto the platform,
hoping for a train on time
I was late - train was later.

My usual fare, unusually low,
a one off, anomaly ticket.
They didn't sell it,
I couldn't have it.
Shit.
"In all my fifteen years..."
I shouted, then stopped,
falling back
don't get into trouble.

Marching up at Nottingham
I had a plan,
formed in rage,
and then, when played,
decided it was foolish.
Where was my Jeeves?

A petition!
A survey!
A mass stand-off,
strike of the like from miners,
not seen in Notts though.
Won't know what hit 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment