Thursday 9 July 2009

So far so much!

Yes, all right, I know it's been a while, but I still think about the blog at least. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't done much work on our work blog either!
It's been a frantic few weeks indeed, as that is set to follow. In no particular order over the next few weeks I have a trip to Leeds, 3 days in Lincoln including a school trip to an outdoor centre, 2 days in London, a summer fayre, a few goes on the radio, a meeting in Crich, a birthday party, a christening, a few BBQs, relatives from overseas visiting and then a weekend in Blackpool.
Some of the things I am really looking forward to, other not so much, the rest I just think why the hell did I say 'yes' to that?
Sunday I went to John Mayall, a blues singer and band leader from the 1960s. Mayall, a white blues man and very good at that, had 12 differently noted harmonicas in a wooden rack on the stage, and his band were a right motley crew of all walks of life. His bassist did some of the weirdest solos I've ever seen.
I will link to a video for you to see a typical performance of his. He recently performed with B B King...surely enough to convince you?
---
On the train this morning I spotted a chap in his about-40s, with looks akin to a weasel and a tax collector. Some may say the two are synonymous with each other! I wouldn't want to get in his bad books. There was a woman singing on there too, just between Nottingham and East Midlands Parkway, but still caused a few disturbances and laughs, may I add, to an otherwise boring and uneventful journey.
Falling asleep on the bus to Rearsby, I was woken up by a young lad with obvious behavioural problems shouting in my ear 'hey there my duck' he obviously meant 'ey up mi duck.' He then kicked the back of my chair. God I was child brutality was legal some mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment