Monday 18 May 2009

Returning to the war zone

"The reason the house smells of shit is because of the chip wrapper in your room from last night."
No-one said my Dad didn't over-react. God I wish I was back in the Desh right now, but, alas, I have endured and enjoyed, reflected then refracted onto the bed. Home is moribund compared to the vibrancy of Bangladeshi life, the colourful driving conditions and equally colourful array of new people, new friends that stared for hours at our white new western faces.

I commandeered a diary whilst on my small travels (in duration, but big on experiences) and I am currently in the process of selecting various entries to put here.

In other news there's a lot coming out about poetry and it makes me wish I was writing the bloody stuff, it's frustrating as I know that as soon as I get something on the page i'll be able to perform it. I hope more venues in Notts start bridging the poetry gap!

No comments:

Post a Comment