Tuesday 24 March 2009

Doggy died, Mummy cried

I saw a terrible thing today...

A car zoomed round the corner and I heard a thump, then some god-awful crying. I turned back and a dog was on the floor. It's back leg was crumpled and it was jumping up and down. It was dying. Having a fit, crying so awfully. I banged on a door and this woman comes out in her socks and pjs. It's her dog. She was crying. Some people got round, the driver was upset. I put my hand on his shoulder. 'It's ok' I said. It definitely wasn't. 'I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry' he kept saying, then stroking the dog. The dogs eyes sunk back into it's school, the roof of its mouth went white, tongue out, horrible.

I was sad. I felt like praying. I just gave the driver my number and name. What can you do when a dog dies? It's that woman's little kid. It's her friend. It's dead. I walked away, kept turning back, she was still there, on her knees, stroking her dog. It just lay there, a big dead weight. Once a gorgeous black and white sheep dog and now it was just dead. End.

As I walked away I cried a bit. It was sad. I thought about it all day, still am, and that poor woman, and that man who probably was driving a little faster to get to work. He wore good clothes, had a nice car, but at that moment we were all equals, sad, worried, caring about this dog. It hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment