Wednesday 12 May 2010

What a night

So I make my way into town; i'm feeling hopeful, happy and ready for a good match. As the sun shone down on the Market Square, and police amassed like bits of moss on victorian walls, I felt that there was something brewing in Nottingham. Extreme swearing and shouting confirmed it...Forest were in the second leg of the play offs against Blackpool at home. I managed to find a friend who is a Blackpool fan and sent them a tirade of abuse via text.


We scored...it seemed possible. We didn't take the overall lead but we did something special. A guy in the pub hugged me. I wasn't that pissed. All that changed.


DJ Campbell pulled out a second half hat trick and showed why he has been such a threat all season. Earny had a goal disallowed and everything sort of went hazy. You know when you step back and see things spiral out of control? We could chat all day about Forest's shoddy defence and out inability to penetrate the Tangerine Dream.


Then, as I was dragging my sorry arse up the hill to the bus stop I check my phone; texts saying that Tory Boy, David Cameron is the Prime Minister. Change has been the big buzz word for this campaign, and it's been a trial by Media. Gordon Brown really had no chance against an ex PR (and by that I mean Public Relations) man and Burlingdon Club member. I bet Boris IS pleased. The words I think are important are fairness, justice and equality. Good luck with that!


I feel so empty right now. Gordon Brown was the economic brain behind New Labour whilst always re-affirming the party's Old Labour beliefs and creed. Nick Cameron and David Clegg look the same, they act the same and have the same slimy characters. Two very different parties...I bet Lord Steel is very unhappy.


So there we go, it went tits up last night. My Dad said it was only a football match...that's no way to talk about the Election!

No comments:

Post a Comment