Sunday 9 October 2011

A return to form

Good evening dear readers from around the world. I've decided to re-enter the world of blogging after spending some time with a serial blogger this afternoon. It turns out that actually people DO read these things. One just has to advertise it a little better. I'll be aiming for a more focused approach over these next few weeks in order that this lost notebook becomes 'found' once more in the Internet Histories of my friends.

What an interesting day thus far. Some things I have learnt:

- That Headingley has real people living in it
- Pharmacies are rubbish at 4.46 on a Sunday afternoon
- Green and Black's chocolate is very nice, even the dark stuff (are you made of it?)
- Students get jobs in the pubs of kitchens
- I'm silly for having bought the Flight of the Conchords album
and other stories too.

I have an intense week ahead. I have to buy a wedding present for a couple I've known for a while. I want to get something meaningful and significant. They want me to buy a set of plastic kitchen utensils for £40 odd from John Lewis. I'll go half way and buy a couple of plates at £9 a pop. I know that this list has been formulated by the female of the duo. The male would be happy with a bottle of JD or a meal voucher for the Harvester. If they are filling their gift list with preferred kitchen regalia then they should be opting for a new cooker and some cleaning products. Having eaten at their house before, a cold burnt pizza with the previous weeks dinner dripped on it isn't my idea of culinary heaven. Ah well. It's their 'special day' (as the Cliche police might say it) ergo they can have whatever they like.

There's also the dead weight of Ofsted which looms over every teacher at certain points in their career. In a week that has made me lose faith in the young people of today due to a dodgy questioning of the idea that Hitler could indeed have been someone conjured up by the media, and has had me working on a Saturday, I've come to the conclusion that anything could and indeed does happen in teaching.

A poor return to form this has been (watch out Yoda 'wrong way round speak the words do I) however it is a return to form nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Very much enjoyed this Jackus. Just remember not to mention any pupils' names.... You were in that recent meeting, nay? ;)

    ReplyDelete